Master of Science in Data Science with specialization in Precision Medicine
With the advances in technology, there is an increasing trend in applying large-scale, high-output approaches and techniques in biology and medical research, to generate large data. Hence, a huge amount of data is constantly generated and stored in databases. There is a strong need to process the information and extract knowledge quickly from this rapidly growing collection of data, which defines the discipline of Data Science.
There are seven specializations in this programme, and “Precision Medicine” is one of them. Students of this specialization learn and study how a large pool of data can be practically and effectively applied in Precision Medicine, which is an emerging approach for disease treatment and prevention that takes into account individual variability in genes, environment, and lifestyle for each person. Graduates are well equipped with a strong foundation for a career in an interdisciplinary work in biomedical and big data analytics in the medical, pharmaceutical, and biotechnology sectors.
- Be capable of acquiring basic knowledge of data processing, data science, and big data infrastructure.
- Be capable of performing inter-disciplinary data analytic tasks using software and data science related techniques.
- Be capable of recognizing contemporary issues in data science technologies.
- Be capable of deriving knowledge and strategies from data and applying them to inter-disciplinary fields.
- Be capable of generating healthcare data and assisting in disease prediction, prevention and clinical decision.
- Be capable of performing AI modeling and its applications in medical research.
- Be capable of solving practical data science problem in the field of biomedical sciences, medicine or healthcare.